Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I just had to take a pic of my gorgeous salad I had for lunch today after the market. Arugula, beets, locally made goat cheese I got from the Sweetwater Market on Saturday, and a little garlic vinaigrette. YUM!!!! The skins just fall right off the beets after steaming when they are fresh! These three ingredients also work awesome on a sandwich with toasted crusty bread. Really!

Our first carrots! These were planted before the cold weather in May so many of the seeds didn't germinate. But we have some to get us through before the next big batch is ready in a few weeks. The next carrots will include a fun purple heirloom variety called Dragon Carrots. Also, in the background of this picture you can see some of our rows of sweet corn popping up. I can't wait!!!




No comments: